Assistant Account Executive
Stanton is a top marketing and PR communications agency with offices in New York and California, and was recently ranked as one of The Most Powerful Financial PR Firms for the second year in a row by The Observer.
We are seeking a motivated junior professional in our New York office to immediately support compelling clients working in industries across the spectrum from financial services, asset management and insurance, to education, healthcare, professional services and technology. Our dedicated staff includes professionals with decades of experience in public relations and marketing, who are ready to help you find your passions and strengths in communications, while working with you to sharpen existing skills.
Our agency is designed for those looking to grow professionally, take on responsibility and contribute in all phases of work— including account management, proactive media relations, informative research and writing assignments, and day-to-day public relations tactics. We also pride ourselves in valuing perspectives from junior staffers, and you may be trusted provide high-impact input to client strategy.
An ideal Assistant Account Executive (AAE) is detailed-oriented, well-versed in the ever-evolving media landscape, produces quality work and isn’t afraid to challenge conventional thinking. The AAE will be expected to play a major role in supporting multiple media relations campaigns, securing consistent press coverage for clients, and producing strong written materials.
- Actively play a major role on multiple accounts and quickly grow into a client-facing role.
- Proactively handle media outreach to trade, business, and broadcast outlets.
- Develop and draft story angles, press releases, byline articles, newsletters, presentations, media briefing materials.
- Review and synthesize data from new or existing client research and materials.
- Manage media contact databases, with primary responsibility for updating media contact information to maintain currency.
- Monitor media relations results and produce appropriate reports.
- At least one year of experience within an agency setting.
- Business-to-business or financial services public relations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the media industry and ongoing readership of major outlets.
- Work alongside top communications pros in the industry.
- Impressive client roster built on stable, long-term client relationships.
- 401K with generous matching.
- Health benefits: medical, dental and vision.
- Annual bonus program.
- Health and wellness fund.
- Philanthropy program with company matching.
- Funding for professional development.