Stanton is a top marketing and PR communications agency with offices in New York and California, and was recently ranked as one of The Most Powerful Financial PR Firms for the second year in a row by The Observer.
We have an impressive roster of national clients with strengths in private equity, asset management, insurance, healthcare and professional services. We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic PR professional who brings the ability to create and implement media strategies from developing compelling pitches to securing quality coverage for financial and B2B clients. We are also looking for a driven individual who can support the agency in new business development initiatives, mentor junior staff, and successfully manage and develop successful relationships with multiple client accounts.
This is a unique opportunity to use your PR and communications skills and experience to introduce new ideas and play a key role in the publicity of both our clients and the agency. You will be proud to join this best-in-class team and help drive real results for top tier financial services and B2B companies.
- Positive, collaborative attitude and teamwork mentality
- Draft relevant story angles and byline articles, newsletters, presentations and select marketing materials with appropriate guidance and direction
- Pitch clients from press releases, cold pitches, and feature idea stories
- Proactively identify regular media opportunities for client insertion into topical/relevant industry articles
- Expand journalist outreach into industry trade press, and cultivating relationships with broader business and broadcast outlets.
- Manage media activities including ensuring editorial calendars are completed efficiently
- Establish and manage strong working relationships and rapport with clients and reporters
- Manage client work and team communication
- Review all press releases drafted by clients, making suggestions to clients about how to create news
- Write press releases and other copy
- Spearhead client executive visibility conference outreach
- Devise new ideas/stories and selling in to clients
- Craft key company messages for the media
- Write opinion pieces, award submissions, case studies, etc.
- Play a supporting role on mergers & acquisitions work, including drafting press release, key messages, Q&A’s, internal communications, media list development, media outreach, media monitoring, etc.
- Participate in new client development opportunities, including research, firm capabilities materials development and presenting at new business meetings
- 5+ years of PR and communications experience, preferably within financial services/B2B/professional services (agency experience preferred)
- Proficient writing skills
- Strong verbal communications skills
- A team mindset with a strong desire to contribute
- Track record of success executing initiatives that track to key business objectives
- Experience leading initiatives and driving internal engagement
- Ability to interface with clients effectively in new business meetings and ongoing account management
- Work alongside top communications pros in the industry.
- Impressive client roster built on stable, long-term client relationships.
- Two wealth creation plans for employees: 401K with generous matching and defined benefit plan.
- Health benefits: medical, dental and vision.
- Annual bonus program.
- Health and wellness fund.
- Philanthropy program with company matching.
- Funding for professional development.